Friday, February 9, 2007

A Mom Like No Other

We had a great day today (despite that absolutely NOTHING was accomplished!). With bubba still feeling ill, we decided to have a "Snuggle Day". It's days like these, that I tend to remember just what a blessing it is to have this little being in my life. I sometimes get so caught up with life that I often forget to stop and really take advantage of all that I have. You know, I think sometimes, as a busy mom, I don't realize just what an impact I really have in my child's (and family's) life. I'm not sure if all moms feel this way or not, but I quite often feel replaceable. I feel as though many of the things I do for my family goes unnoticed and that I could easily be replaced by a cook and a nanny. What I have realized, however, is that it is the attention and intention that makes all the difference. It's not just the actions, but it's the love, committment, and devotion that goes into those actions that make me irreplaceable. Looking at my son, I'm overcome with a sense of unconditional love and great responsibility. I constantly question whether or not I'm doing all I can or whether I'm doing it "right". Honestly, most times I'm probably not on both counts, but again, my loving intentions are to give my son the greatest love and life-training possible and that's what makes me different from any nanny or cook in the world.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That is the sweetest post, Mandie. I really enjoyed reading it. :)