Monday, April 2, 2007

Time With God

I've always wondered why it is that spending time with God is one of the first things we eliminate from our schedules when we get "too busy". I know that I myself am so terribly guilty of this. I find that I am just too busy to sit down and spend time with God, learning about Him, talking to Him, and listening to Him. However, would I miss an episode of my favorite TV show?? I think NOT!!! The world would have to implode before I allowed that.

Obviously, this is not only NOT what God wants for us, it's down-right tragic! How silly it seems when I really think about it. TV show or God? Reading a book or God? Extra half hour of sleep or God? Seriously, this should not be that difficult!

I think we need to be refocused on what's truly important. It's so easy to let our priorities get out of whack. I know that an excuse I frequently use is..."I've worked all day and then I have to come home to take care of our child and cook dinner, I deserve to do what I want." Why is it that my first choice is not spending time with God. I realize (and I think God does too) that we all have different interests and we all like to lose our minds in a good TV show or a good book, but there has to be that balance. What better reason is there to give God your time.

No comments: